HeaterMeals EX Entrees have up to a 5 year shelf life*, and offer a simple, long-term planning solution for emergency feeding. HeaterMeals EX, The Self-Heating Meal, Designed for EXtended Storage started shipping in 2008. HeaterMeals EX Entrees have up to a 5 year shelf life*, and offer a simple, long-term planning solution for emergency feeding.
Each 12 meal assortment includes 2 each of the 6 tasty choices:
- No Refrigeration Needed: Up to a 5 Year shelf life*!
- Tasty 3/4 Pound Self Heating Entree: 50% Larger than MREs
- Easy-To-Use and Ready-To-Eat: No handling required while heating!
- Proven, Safe Heating Technology: Biodegradable, Non-Toxic!
- Proudly Made In The USA
How it Works:
- Chicken Pasta Italiana
- Zesty BBQ Sauce & Potatoes with Beef
- Italian Style Pasta with Beans
- Rotini & Kielbasa Sausage in a Spicy Sauce
- Tex-Mex Four Bean Chili
- Tandoori Seasoned Chicken with Brown Rice
The TRUETECH self-heating technology is a simple combination of powdered food grade iron and magnesium, salt, and water. When water is poured on the heater pad (HeaterMeals food heaters use salt water & MRE heaters use regular water) the Food Heater releases enough heat to warm-up a pre-cooked meal 100 degrees Fahrenheit in approximately 10 minutes. Spent heaters are biodegradable and easily disposed of, with no toxic materials.
The patented TRUETECH self-heating technology was introduced for use as the Field Ration Heater (FRH) by the U.S. Armed Forces in 1990 to heat Meals, Ready-to-Eat (MREs) for soldiers in the field.
To heat HeaterMeals Self-Heating Entrees and HeaterMeals Plus lunch & dinner Meal kits in trays, simply pour the enclosed pouch of water into the food heater pouch to enjoy "A Hot Meal Anytime, Anyplace".
* 5 years is the maximum. Most meals ship with a 3-5 year shelf life remaining.